Are you the parent of a child considering or working towards Opportunity Class (OC) or Selective School?
There is so much to know about OC and Selective, especially if you want to give your child the best support possible. To keep informed and across all the developments is a task that is almost unachievable on your own – particularly with all the other responsibilities you carry as a parent.
That’s why we’ve created the OC & Selective Placement Test Parent Discussion Group. This Facebook group is for parents who want to keep informed about the OC and Selective placement tests. By joining the group, you will receive relevant updates, have a platform to discuss information with other parents, and have your questions answered by experts in the field.
This discussion group shares specific content to allow you to access all you need to know from the comfort of your home. For more information about what this group offers, keep reading.
Our OC & Selective Placement Test Parent Discussion Group is accessible to any parent, whether you’re still considering if OC or Selective is right for your child, or you have already begun the journey with your child. Being a part of this discussion group can deliver several benefits for both you and your child, including:
- A community of parents to do the journey with, to give and receive support
- An opportunity to connect with like-minded parents and remind you that you’re not alone
- Access to experts in the education field
- Regular updates on the OC and Selective tests to remain informed as timelines progress and new developments arise
- Tips and advice to help support your child to achieve success
- Information on Global Education Academy (GEA) courses to equip students for the OC and Selective placement tests
- Alerts on new GEA blog content relating to the OC and Selective placement process
- Shared examples of test questions to enable you to empathise with your child in terms of the types of questions they will need to answer in exam conditions
Do the journey with others
We know that being a parent of a student sitting the OC or Selective placement tests can be lonely. Out of the total student population, only a small percentage of students attempt to receive an OC or Selective placement. This trend is understandable given the level of difficulty associated with these tests!
Sometimes, you have questions about how you can best support your child as they prepare to sit what may be the hardest test of their life to date. Other times, you may just want to share your experience with other parents who understand the pressures you’ve had to walk through.
This discussion group provides a space for you to do that.
The most effective way to support your child as they work towards OC or Selective is to keep informed and aware of all the key information in relation to the entire experience, from application to placement (or otherwise).
There are many online sources that provide information for the placement tests (including the GEA website and the NSW Department of Education website). However, having a one-stop-shop for all you need to know about OC and Selective is probably a better use of your time and resources.
As news emerges on either OC or Selective, be sure that it will be shared within the Facebook discussion group to help you stay informed. This includes news such as:
- The top 10 high schools in NSW (by HSC marks)
- Selective High School minimum entry scores
- Any changes to the placement test structure, components and scoring
Are you interested in joining the OC & Selective Placement Test Parent Discussion Group? Click here and join today!